Send them to Soccer Camp!
6 sessions with technical training from professional coaches. Focus will be on building fundamental soccer skills and confidence with the ball. Drills will be fun and build skills such as dribbling, passing, receiving and shooting.
Boys & girls
Ages 4-6 and 7-9
Every Sundays from Oct 18 – Nov 22
Kendrick Rec Center 5800 Ridge Ave
Philadelphia PA 19128
There are open roster spots for boys in birth years:
- 2007 (U14)
- 2008 (U13)
- 2009 (U12)
- 2011/12 (U10)
Click here to be contacted by a member of our coaching staff and invited to a team workout.
QE pre-travel soccer training for boys and girls 5-9 years old. Experienced, professional coaches use fun games to practice soccer skills and encourage a love of the game. Each one hour session of fundamental skills will include dribbling practice, proper shooting technique and small sided games. Saturdays from 3/21/2020 to 5/2/2020 from 10-11 at Penn Charter. Cost: $100.
- Open invite to all travel players
- Boys and girls ages 8 – 13
- Sat/Sun (3-6 pm)
- All games played on Penn Charter’s front turf
- Dates: Dec 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
- 40-minute games
- Minimum 6-games per player
- Cost $100
Saturday marked the start of the season for 4 of the 5 Quaker Elite teams: U10 Boys Gold, U11 Boys Gold, U13 Boys Gold and U13 Boys Navy. All four QE teams walked away with victories.
The U11 boys opened their season against Rose Tree. It was a strong 5-0 victory and a complete team effort in their first shutout of the season.
The U13 Gold boys also faced off against Rose Tree and emerged victorious 3-0.
The U13 Gold Team went 2-0 on Saturday, August 24. The newly expanded team’s first victory came against Yardley Makefield. It was a back-and-forth match that ended 5-3 in favor of the Quakers. That was followed by a hard fought, 2-1 victory over Danubia.
The team advanced to the playoffs on Sunday against Methacton. After regulation play, the two teams stood in a 0-0 draw. The match was decided by penalty kicks, which saw Methacton come out on top 3-0.
It was a great effort from from the boys and all are looking forward to a great season! Go QE!!
Pre-game team huddle
Celebrating a great goal
Beating defenders on the flank
Leading the attack
- Held at Penn Charter’s front turf
- Open to members and non-members of Quaker Elite
- August 12-16th
- 9-12 pm M-F
- $125 for whole week!
- Conducted by Quaker Elite Coaching Staff
- No registration required
There are five major components of this camp:
- Technical and Tactical Training. The technical and tactical portion of the SAA soccer camp will focus on individual foot skills such as identifying and demonstrating the proper ways to strike/pass/chip a ball, the importance of the first touch and trapping, movement with and without the ball, and defending both on and off the ball. Instruction will be done in both small and large groups with an emphasis on remaining active throughout training sessions.
- Thinking the Game. The mental aspect of sports is a crucial part of player development. SAA’s coaching staff will instruct campers on the importance of attacking and defending as a unit, understanding proper communication on the field, and knowing one’s individual role in different game action scenarios.
- Team Building. Our coaching staff will impress upon campers the importance of teamwork and collaboration during both training and competition. We have designed age-specific team-building games and exercises to develop and understand a “team-first” approach to soccer.
- Competition. Campers will participate in two competitive formats. The first will be a three vs. three tournament that will be ongoing throughout the week. This competition will give counselors the opportunity to identify campers’ strengths and weaknesses in a small-sided setting and is extremely fun for campers. The second is a World Cup competition that will take place on Thursday and Friday and will allow campers to compete in full-sided games with instruction being given throughout the games.
- Athletic Combine Testing. All campers in the SAA soccer camp will participate in a soccer combine which will be facilitated by the camp counselors through the use of state of the art Fusion Sports Smartspeed Testing Equipment. Each camper will complete six combine tests, including a 40-yard dash, vertical jump, pro-agility drill, zig zag drill, shot velocity test and 5-point star drill.
1) 6 week strength and conditioning program with John Estok, Chair of Health and Physical Education for Penn Charter. Starts June 14th, 6-7 pm, cost $60
2) 6 week striker/keeper clinic with Steve Baron, Head Coach QE U-13 Gold team and Mike Baron, QE Goalie Coach. Starts June 14th, 7-8 pm, cost $60
June 10 – July 26
1-day per week of training for pre-travel and travel boys and girls.
1-day per week of small sided, pick up games.
- Mon 5:00-6:00 pm – 2011/12 pre-travel training
- Mon 6:15-7:30 pm – 2009/10 boys travel training
- Tue 6:15-7:30 pm – 2009/10 & 2007/08 girls travel training
- Wed 6:15-7:30 pm – 2007/08 boys travel training
- Thu 6:15-7:30 pm – All ages small sided, pick up games
Thanks to players and parents who braved last night’s weather to attend tryouts for 2007/08 boys travel soccer. Looking forward to the 2019/20 season and fielding two very solid teams!
On Tuesday, March 12 the University of Pennsylvania’s Men’s Soccer team hosted Quaker Elite Soccer Club at historic Franklin Field for a workout with Penn Quaker coaches and players. What a great experience for the boys who all said, “the coaches and players were really nice!!”.
A very big thank you to the Penn coaching staff and players and especially, Jeff Wiseman, Penn’s Civic Engagement Coordinator, for pulling this all together. This day will be long remembered by these boys! Thank you again!!!
P.S. looking forward to Thursday…