- Held at Penn Charter’s front turf
- Open to members and non-members of Quaker Elite
- August 12-16th
- 9-12 pm M-F
- $125 for whole week!
- Conducted by Quaker Elite Coaching Staff
- No registration required
There are five major components of this camp:
- Technical and Tactical Training. The technical and tactical portion of the SAA soccer camp will focus on individual foot skills such as identifying and demonstrating the proper ways to strike/pass/chip a ball, the importance of the first touch and trapping, movement with and without the ball, and defending both on and off the ball. Instruction will be done in both small and large groups with an emphasis on remaining active throughout training sessions.
- Thinking the Game. The mental aspect of sports is a crucial part of player development. SAA’s coaching staff will instruct campers on the importance of attacking and defending as a unit, understanding proper communication on the field, and knowing one’s individual role in different game action scenarios.
- Team Building. Our coaching staff will impress upon campers the importance of teamwork and collaboration during both training and competition. We have designed age-specific team-building games and exercises to develop and understand a “team-first” approach to soccer.
- Competition. Campers will participate in two competitive formats. The first will be a three vs. three tournament that will be ongoing throughout the week. This competition will give counselors the opportunity to identify campers’ strengths and weaknesses in a small-sided setting and is extremely fun for campers. The second is a World Cup competition that will take place on Thursday and Friday and will allow campers to compete in full-sided games with instruction being given throughout the games.
- Athletic Combine Testing. All campers in the SAA soccer camp will participate in a soccer combine which will be facilitated by the camp counselors through the use of state of the art Fusion Sports Smartspeed Testing Equipment. Each camper will complete six combine tests, including a 40-yard dash, vertical jump, pro-agility drill, zig zag drill, shot velocity test and 5-point star drill.
1) 6 week strength and conditioning program with John Estok, Chair of Health and Physical Education for Penn Charter. Starts June 14th, 6-7 pm, cost $60
2) 6 week striker/keeper clinic with Steve Baron, Head Coach QE U-13 Gold team and Mike Baron, QE Goalie Coach. Starts June 14th, 7-8 pm, cost $60
June 10 – July 26
1-day per week of training for pre-travel and travel boys and girls.
1-day per week of small sided, pick up games.
- Mon 5:00-6:00 pm – 2011/12 pre-travel training
- Mon 6:15-7:30 pm – 2009/10 boys travel training
- Tue 6:15-7:30 pm – 2009/10 & 2007/08 girls travel training
- Wed 6:15-7:30 pm – 2007/08 boys travel training
- Thu 6:15-7:30 pm – All ages small sided, pick up games
Speed training with Estok
Goalie training with Mike
2009 tryouts with Mike
2010/2011 tryouts with George
U10 boys moved to this Thursday April 25. The U11 boys will also be conducting their tryouts at this time.
There’s still time to tryout for Quaker Elite, register today!
Thanks to players and parents who braved last night’s weather to attend tryouts for 2007/08 boys travel soccer. Looking forward to the 2019/20 season and fielding two very solid teams!
Below are some more photos of the Tuesday, March 12 and Thursday March 14, 2019, training sessions at the University of Pennsylvania’s historic Franklin Field (the Eagles won the 1960 “NFL Championship Game” here defeating the Lombardi coached Green Bay Packers 17-13). Despite the massive scale (the stadium holds about 53,000 people) and historic significance of Franklin Field, our players seemed unfazed.
After the training session, the Penn Quakers hosted the Quaker Elites for a Q&A session that won’t soon be forgotten!
A very big thanks again to the Penn Quaker Men’s Soccer coaching staff and players and also to Jeff Wiseman, Penn’s Civic Engagement Coordinator, for pulling this together and being such great hosts and for planning 2 days memorable days for our players! Many, many thanks!